|NAME OF COURSE/MODULE:||BUILDING SERVICES II|
|NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF:||TPS|
|RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME:||Core course required for this program|
|SEMESTER AND YEAR OFFERED:||YEAR 2 / SEMESTER 2|
|TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||FACE TO FACE||TOTAL GUIDED AND INDEPENDENT LEARNING|
|L = Lecture
T = Tutorial
P = Practical
L + T + P + O = 42 HOURS
|PREREQUISITE (IF ANY):||NONE|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. To provide students the understanding of the technical and principal conditions that will affect the building services design.
2. To understand the fundamentals of integrated building services in the building.
|LEARNING OUTCOMES:||At the end of the course the student will have the:
1. Ability to explain the basic environmental influence in building design (C2).
2. Ability to describe the environmental aspect in building services design (P3)
3. Ability to explain through the integrations of technical building services in building design (A2).
|TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY:||Teaching-learning strategy:
|This course will expose students to the basic understanding of Electrical services, Functions of M&E riser and will also cover the technical and design applications. All these will be emphasized in their building design considerations. For the facilities, it will cover basic understanding of integrated building services system i.e TNB Distribution System, HVAV system in complex building layout, reticulation system, sewerage system, and the services infrastructure as the domestic services.|
|MODE OF DELIVERY:||Lecture, Tutorial|
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND TYPES:|
|A. Continuous Assessment (60%)|
|B. Final Examination (40%)|
|MAIN REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||1. Marsh, W.M. (2005). Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications. John Wiley & Sons.
2. Botkin, D.B & Keller, E. A. (2004). Environmental Science: Earth as a Living Planet. John Wiley & Sons
3. Wright, R. T. (2004). Environmental Science, 9th edition. Prentice Hall College Div.
|ADDITIONAL REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||NIL|
ZAT2213 | BUILDING SERVICES II webmaster .