|NAME OF COURSE/MODULE:||Architectural Design iii|
|NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF:||Ar. Fadli Arabi|
|RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME:||Core course required for this program|
|SEMESTER AND YEAR OFFERED:||YEAR 2 / SEMESTER 1|
|TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||FACE TO FACE||TOTAL GUIDED AND INDEPENDENT LEARNING|
|L = Lecture
T = Tutorial
P = Practical
L + T + P + O = 240 HOURS
|CREDIT VALUE:||6 (1+10)|
|PREREQUISITE (IF ANY):||NONE|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. To demonstrate the principles of design in architecture, interior space and landscape through the formal architectural spatial system.
2. To carry out architectural design approach through theories and context to respond to environmental factors.
3. To conduct site analysis collaboratively in response to project brief.
4. To communicate development of design through technical and architectural design requirements.
|At the end of the course the student will have the:
1. Ability to describe the principles of design of basic spaces for architectural spatial system (C1).
2. Ability to predict the design needs and requirement (C2)
3. Ability to identify the influences of socio economy, climate and technology in design (A1).
4. Ability to show the simple innovative design (P2).
|TRANSFERABLE SKILLS:||· Will be able to develop u nderstanding of the basic design principle for basic built form
· Able to design basic built form to suit the needs and requirements
|TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY:||Learning And Teaching
|SYNOPSIS:||This course will expose students to public building design of multi activity usage and which possesses a certain identity. The course will emphasize on the aspects of Design Process and Strategy. These includes specific design principles such as community process which relates to human values and socio‑culture, local factor such as history and heritage, cultivation of idea and concepts, design approach, problem solving application pertaining to basic application of construction technology, internal spatial quality and landscape design and its application. Emphasis will also be given to application that involves energy efficiency which will cover aspects of climate and environment, site and topography as well as disabled friendly.
Up to 16 persons
Small commercial company
Max 400 sqm
Infill, urban context
Structure : Intermediate, post and beam mix, medium-span
Environmental response : Mixed passive and active environmental response
Site context : Multiple issues requiring innovative intervene
|MODE OF DELIVERY:||Lecture, Studio, Presentation and Critiques|
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND TYPES:|
|A. Continuous Assessment (100%)|
|MAIN REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||1. Rapoport A.(2005).Culture,Architecture,and Design. Locke Science Publishing Co. Inc.
2. Ciriello M. (2002). Architectural Design Graphics. McGraw-Hill Professional.
3. Rahim A. (2002). Contemporary Techniques in Architecture (Architectural Design). Academy Press.
4. Pressman A. (2001). Architectural Design Portable Handbook. McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing.
5. Thompson A. (1998). Architectural Design Procedures. Architectural Press.
|ADDITIONAL REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||NIL|
ZAD2106 | Architectural Design III webmaster .