|NAME OF COURSE/MODULE:||ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN II|
|COURSE CODE:||ZAD 1206|
|NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF:||Ar. Dr. Elina Mohd Husini|
|RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME:||Core course required for this program|
|SEMESTER AND YEAR OFFERED:||YEAR 1 / SEMESTER 2|
|TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||FACE TO FACE||TOTAL GUIDED AND INDEPENDENT LEARNING|
|L = Lecture
T = Tutorial
P = Practical
L + T + P + O = 240 HOURS
|PREREQUISITE (IF ANY):||NONE|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. To design a simple and functional architectural built form.
2. To understand spatial organization in term of ergonomic and anthropometric.
3. To present and convey the ideas through verbal and drawings presentation.
|At the end of the course the student will have the:
1. Ability to apply knowledge of 2 & 3 dimensional design skills (C3).
2. Ability to propose design for simple architectural structure (A3)
3. Ability to reproduce, communicate ideas and the interpretation of design concepts into built forms (P3)
|TRANSFERABLE SKILLS:||Will be able to develop basic conceptual approached and communicate through the design sketches, architectural drawings and oral presentation.|
|TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY:||Learning And Teaching
|SYNOPSIS:||This course is a continuation to the learning of architecture from the previous semester. The course will emphasize on formal patterns of spatial organization. The program will expose students to the principles of design which includes the assembly aspects of a simple space as well as the architectonics. As a final exercise, students will be required to consolidate their knowledge and information gained through a final design project consisting of a singular space with a simple functional usage.
Up to 4 persons
A small family
Max 100 sqm
Open, minimal contour and context
Max 2 floors
|MODE OF DELIVERY:||Lecture, Studio, Presentation and Critiques|
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND TYPES:|
|A. Continuous Assessment (100%)|
|B. Final Examination (0%)|
|MAIN REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||1. Rapoport A.(2005).Culture,Architecture,and Design. Locke Science Publishing Co. Inc.
2. Ciriello M. (2002). Architectural Design Graphics. McGraw-Hill Professional.
3. Rahim A. (2002). Contemporary Techniques in Architecture (Architectural
Design). Academy Press.
|ADDITIONAL REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||NIL|
ZAD 1206 | ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN II webmaster .