|NAME OF COURSE/MODULE:||Architectural Design I|
|COURSE CODE:||ZAD 1106|
|NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF:||Mohd Noorizhar Bin Ismail|
|RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME:||Core course required for this program|
|SEMESTER AND YEAR OFFERED:||YEAR 1 / SEMESTER 1|
|TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||FACE TO FACE||TOTAL GUIDED AND INDEPENDENT LEARNING|
|L = Lecture
T = Tutorial
P = Practical
L + T + P + O = 240 HOURS
|PREREQUISITE (IF ANY):||NONE|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. To understand concept and process of architectural design.
2. To familiarize with the making culture and graphic learning.
3. To understand of the role of language in architecture.
|At the end of the course the student will have the:
1. Ability to apply knowledge of concept and process of basic architectural design (C3).
2. Ability to relate human and architecture (A1).
3. Ability to reproduce ideas and the interpretation of design concepts into built forms (P3).
|TRANSFERABLE SKILLS:||· Understand the basic design principle for basic built form.
· Able to design basic built form to suit the requirements
|TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY:||Learning And Teaching:
|This course is the core subject in the studies of architecture. The course emphasis on the understanding towards basic architectural elements as well as basic theory and principles of design. They encompass aspects of appreciation, and understanding for architectural elements.
Up to 2 persons
Self + friend/guest
Max 30.00 sqm
Open, flat land
Open, empty site
|MODE OF DELIVERY:||Lecture, Studio Presentation and Critiques|
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND TYPES:|
|A. Continuous Assessment (100%)|
|MAIN REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||1. Rappaport A.(2005).Culture, Architecture and Design. Locke Science Publishing Co. Inc.
2. Ciriello M. (2002). Architectural Design Graphics. McGraw-Hill Professional (No. pangilan perpustakaan NA2708)
3. Rahim A. (2002). Contemporary Techniques in Architecture (Architectural
Design). Academy Press (No. pangilan perpustakaan NA2750)
4. Architectural Design Graphics (No. pangilan perpustakaan NA2708)
5. Architectural Drafting and Design (No. pangilan perpustakaan NA2700)
6. Architecture: Form, Space & Order (No. pangilan perpustakaan NA2760)
7. Architectural Design Portable Handbook (No. pangilan perpustakaan NA2750)
8. Element of Architecture (No. pangilan perpustakaan NA2760)
|ADDITIONAL REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||NIL|
ZAD 1106 | ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN I webmaster .