|NAME OF COURSE/MODULE:||ARCHITECTURAL AUTOCAD II|
|NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF:||TPS|
|RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME:||
|SEMESTER AND YEAR OFFERED:||YEAR 2 / SEMESTER 2|
|TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||FACE TO FACE||TOTAL GUIDED AND INDEPENDENT LEARNING|
|L = Lecture
T = Tutorial
P = Practical
L + T + P + O = 84 HOURS
|PREREQUISITE (IF ANY):||NONE|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Present intermdiate level of graphics and drafting appropriate for developing functional skill in computer aided drafting
2. Present intermediate level of AutoCAD, designing and modeling
3. Teach higher level of Architectural Applications of AutoCAD principles and components of an Architectural Design Process
|LEARNING OUTCOMES:||At the end of the course the student will have the:
1. Ability to produce 3-dimensional CAD environment and create 3D models of construction assemblies and buildings (C3)
2. Ability to manipulate CAD-based tools to solve technical issues (P4)
3. Ability to apply other CAD applications (C3)
4. Ability to practice CAD tools in architectural production (A2).
|TRANSFERABLE SKILLS:||· Develop skills in architectural drawing effectively
· Able to use technical skills in architectural production
· Solve architectural production problems
|TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY:||Teaching-learning strategy:
|Building upon skills acquired in the “Architectural AutoCAD I” course, this course presents advanced topics in architectural CAD software centred on problem-based tasks, topics such as 3-dimensional modelling, parametric building design, building information models (BIMs), material take-off, energy-efficient planning, rendering and presentation, and others will be explored. Industry standard CAD tools such as Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD and Google SketchUp will be used to accomplish this.|
|MODE OF DELIVERY:||2 (1+1)|
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND TYPES:|
|A. Continuous Assessment (100%)|
|B. Final Examination (0%)|
|MAIN REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||· Stine, DJ. 2009. “Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit Architecture 2009”, SDC Publications
· Kirkpatrick, JM. 2005. The AutoCAD Book, Pearson Prentice Hall,
|ADDITIONAL REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||· Fuller, JE. 2008. Using AutoCAD Release 13. Delmar Publishers.
· Shrock, C. 2009. Exercise Workbook for Beginning AutoCAD and Lab. Industrial Press, 2009.
· Jefferis, A; D Madsen & DP Madsen. 2010. friArchitectural Drafting and Design. 6th Edition. Delmar Cengage Learning.
· Iwamoto, L. 2009. Digital Fabrications: Architectural and Material Techniques (Architecture Briefs). Princeton Architectural Press.
Lisa Iwamoto (Author)
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
See search results for this author
Are you an author? Learn about Author Central
ZAC2203 | ARCHITECTURAL AUTOCAD II webmaster .