|NAME OF COURSE/MODULE:||ARCHITECTURAL GRAPHIC AND COMMUNICATION|
|NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF:||Ar. Wan Norisma Wan Ismail|
|RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME:||· To develop basic knowledge of architectural drawing
· To skill in producing architectural drawings
· To develop and understand norms in architectural drawings
|SEMESTER AND YEAR OFFERED:||YEAR 2 / SEMESTER 1|
|TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||FACE TO FACE||TOTAL GUIDED AND INDEPENDENT LEARNING|
|L = Lecture
T = Tutorial
P = Practical
L + T + P + O = 42 HOURS
|PREREQUISITE (IF ANY):||NONE|
|OBJECTIVES:||1. Introduce students to drafting equipment and drawing conventions.
2. Expose students with application of technical guidelines in working drawings.
3. Develop knowledge and skills in integrating drawings with other disciplines of built environment.
|LEARNING OUTCOMES:||At the end of the course the student will have:
1. To apply knowledge of standard architectural working drawings requirements (C3).
2. To produce a complete set of architectural working drawings (P4).
3. To adopt accuracy, consistency and precision in architectural working drawings (A3).
|TRANSFERABLE SKILLS:||· Understand the standard principle of architectural working drawings.
· Able to produce architectural working drawings.
|TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY:
|Learning and Teaching
Lectures, demonstrations, studio practice and studio guidance.
Assessment for this module involves submission of a complete set of architectural working drawings.
|This course will expose and train students to produce the production drawings for construction. It will emphasize on the technical requirements for the drawing and writing specifications. The techniques of producing the drawing and the requirements such as the laws and regulations relating to the construction will also be introduced.|
|MODE OF DELIVERY:||Lecture, Studio|
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND TYPES:|
|A. Continuous Assessment (100%)|
|MAIN REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||· Stine, DJ. 2009. “Residential Design Using Autodesk Revit Architecture 2009”, SDC Publications
· Kirkpatrick, JM. 2005. The AutoCAD Book, Pearson Prentice Hall,
|ADDITIONAL REFERENCES SUPPORTING THE COURSE||· Fuller, JE. 2008. Using AutoCAD Release 13. Delmar Publishers.
· Shrock, C. 2009. Exercise Workbook for Beginning AutoCAD and Lab. Industrial Press, 2009.
· Jefferis, A; D Madsen & DP Madsen. 2010. friArchitectural Drafting and Design. 6th Edition. Delmar Cengage Learning.
· Iwamoto, L. 2009. Digital Fabrications: Architectural and Material Techniques (Architecture Briefs). Princeton Architectural Press.
ZAC1103 | ARCHITECTURAL GRAPHIC AND COMMUNICATION webmaster .