|1.||NAME OF COURSE / MODULE||BASIC COMMUNICATION & CLINICAL SKILLS I|
|3.||NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF||Dr Siti Soraya Ab. Rahman (Coordinator) Dr. Mohd Azmani bin Sahar
Dr. Zarini bt Ismail Dr. Mohd. Hafiz bin Jaafar
Dr. Nurul Kharmila bt Abdullah Dr. Fathima Begum bt Syed Mohideen
Dr. Hanizah bt Ngadiron Dr. Muhammad Fauzi bin Othman
Dr. Siti Sarah bt Seri Masran Dr. Mohamed Fakhri bin Abu Baharin
Dr. Suhaila Sanip Dr. Shahrul Nizam bin A. Zamzali
Dr. Mohd. Rahman bin Omar Prof. Madya Dr. Ahmad Najib Azmi
Dr. Abdul Aziz bin Marwan Dr. Khairullah Anuar
|4.||RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME||Early clinical exposure in the pre-clinical phase|
|5.||SEMESTER & YEAR OFFERED||Semester 2 / Year 2|
|6.||TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||Face to face:
L=lecture; T=Tutorial; P=Practical; A=Assessment; O=Others (Exam)
|Total Guided and Independent Learning:
|7.||CREDIT VALUE||44/40 = 1.1 (1 credit)|
|8.||PREREQUISITE (IF ANY)||Nil|
|9.||OBJECTIVES||By the end of the course, the students are expected to:
|10.||LEARNING OUTCOMES||Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. Obtain a comprehensive history from a patient. (LO3, LO4, A2)
2. Perform a systematic clinical examination on simulated models and subjects. (LO2, LO6, P2)
3. Demonstrate effective communication while performing physical examination. (LO4 A2)
4. Analyze physical findings to make clinical conclusion. (LO3 C4)
|12.||TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY||Teaching-learning strategy:
|13.||SYNOPSIS||This course introduces students to basic history taking and clinical skills examination. Demonstration of systematic examination of the body followed by examination by the students will be performed. The course will be conducted in the clinical skill laboratories. The teaching and learning methodologies include interactive lecture, demonstration by lecturers and hands-on practical sessions. Students will be assessed through formative assessment on the following week after the lecture and hands-on practical session. They will be given a Pass or Fail grade based on their attendance and a set list of criteria.|
|14.||MODE OF DELIVERY||
|15.||Assessment methods and types||
|18.||Content outline of the course/module and SLT per topic||
||1. Swash, M. 2002. Hutchinson’s Clinical Methods, Saunders Elsevier.
2. Dehn, R. W. and D. P. Asprey. 2007. Essential Clinical Procedures, Saunders Elsevier.
3. Liang, T. H. and L. Chuen-Hian. 2009. The Black Book of Clinical Examination, McGraw Hill.
4. Talley, N. J. and S. O’Connor. 2005. Clinical Examination: A Systematic Guide to Physical Diagnosis, Elsevier.
|20.||OTHER ADDITIONAL INFORMATION||–|
PAZ2011 | BASIC COMMUNICATION & CLINICAL SKILLS I webmaster .