|1.||NAME OF COURSE / MODULE||PHYSIOLOGY II|
|3.||NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF||Assoc Prof Dr Rafidah Hanim Mokhtar
Dr Nor Azila Noh
Dr Siti Hanum Mohd Ali
Dr Marlini Muhammad
Dr Ainul Huda Sulaiman
|4.||RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME||Basic medical science course|
|5.||SEMESTER & YEAR OFFERED||Semester 2 Year 1|
|6.||TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||Face to face:
L=lecture ; T=Tutorial; P=Practical; O=Others (Exam)
|Total Guided and Independent Learning:
|7.||CREDIT VALUE||156/40=3.9 (4 credit hours)|
|8.||PREREQUISITE (IF ANY)|
|9.||OBJECTIVES||By the end of the course, the students are expected to :
1. explain the functions of the various systems of the body.
2. describe the effects of physiological, environmental and therapeutic
factors on the functions of the body systems.
3. relate the physiological knowledge and concepts on common patho-
|10.||LEARNING OUTCOMES||Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
1. apply the knowledge and concepts in physiology in explaining the
functions of various body systems. (LO1-A3)
2. interpret basic physiological tests performed. (LO2-P2)
3. analyse the physiological changes in special conditions. (LO3-C4, CTPS)
|11.||TRANSFERABLE SKILLS||Measurement of basic physiological functions
Interpretation of basic physiological measurements
Critical thinking and problem solving
|12.||TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY||Teaching-learning strategy:
|13.||SYNOPSIS||This course introduces the students to the principles of cardiac physiology, the circulation and the respiratory system. Teaching and learning methodologies include lectures, tutorials and practical sessions as well as student-centred learning activities.|
|14.||MODE OF DELIVERY||lecture, tutorial, practical, seminar, self-learning package, student-directed learning.|
|15.||Assessment methods and types||
|16.||Content outline of the course/module and SLT per topic||
|17||References||1. Guyton A.C. & Hall, J.E. 2010. Textbook of Medical Physiology. 12th Edition. WB Saunders & Co.
2. Widmaier EP, Raff H, Strang KT, 2011. Vander’s Human Physiology – The Mechanisms of Body Function. 12th Edition. McGraw-Hill.
3. Barret KE, Barman SM, Boitano S, Brooks HL. 2010. Ganong’s Review of Medical Physiology, 23rd Edition. McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
4. Kibble JD, Halsey CR. 2009. Medical Physiology : The Big Picture. 1st Edition. McGraw-Hill.
5. Sabyasachi Sircar, 2008. Principles of Medical Physiology. First Edition. Thieme. Amazon.ca
PAF1024 | PHYSIOLOGY II webmaster .