|1.||NAME OF COURSE / MODULE||ANATOMY II|
|3.||NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF||Prof. Dr. Hany Mohamed Tawfik El-Hessy
Dr. Sharifa Abdul Aziz
Dr. Nurzarina Abdul Rahman
Dr. Ku Mastura Ku Mohd Nor
Dr. Normaliza Omar
Dr. Hairul Hisyam Ngatiman
|4.||RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME||Basic medical science course|
|5.||SEMESTER & YEAR OFFERED||Semester 2 / Year 1|
|6.||TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||Face to face:
L=lecture ; T=Tutorial; P=Practical; O=Others (Exam)
|Total Guided and Independent Learning:
|7.||CREDIT VALUE||182/40= 4.5 ( 5 credit )|
|8.||PREREQUISITE (IF ANY)||Nil|
|9.||OBJECTIVES||By the end of the course, the students are expected to
1. explain the structure of the various regions of the body.
2. describe the gross, microscopic anatomy and embryological change on the
of the body systems.
3. relate the anatomical knowledge on common diseases.
|10.||LEARNING OUTCOMES||Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
|12.||TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY||Teaching-learning strategy:
Formative and summative assessment (end semester and professional examination)
|13.||SYNOPSIS||This course consists of gross anatomy, histology and embryology of cardiovascular and respiratory systems. At the end of the course, students should be able to use their knowledge in surface markings of internal structures and explain the functions of the structures. They should also be able to apply their anatomical knowledge to explain some common diseases and congenital abnormalities. Teaching and learning methodologies include lectures, tutorials and practical sessions. Students are being assessed through formative and summative assessment.|
|14.||MODE OF DELIVERY||Lecture, Tutorial, Practical, Seminars, Self-learning package.|
|15.||Assessment methods and types||
|16.||Content outline of the course/module and SLT per topic||
|17||References||1. Drake, R.L. , Vogl, W., Mitchell, A.W. illustration by Richard Tibbits and Paul Richardson. (2006) Gray’s Anatomy for Students. 2nd edition. Churchill Livingstone.
2. Saddler, T.W. and Langman, J. (2006) Langman Embryology. 9th edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
3. Young, B. and Health, J.W. (2006) Wheather’s functional Histology – A Text and Colour Atlas. 5th edition. Churchill Livingstone.
4. Snell, R.S. (2009) Clinical Neuroanatomy by Richard S Snell. 7th edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
PAA1025 | ANATOMY II webmaster .