|1.||NAME OF COURSE / MODULE||PERSONAL FINANCIAL PLANNING|
|3.||NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF|
|4.||RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME||This course will discuss about the principle of personal financial planning from the muamalah, which it will give exposure towards the students understanding on risk, return, liquidity and muamalah principle when they are planning on buying assets such as properties and cars, managing their loans, the needs of takaful and managing their investment in capital market instrument and money market. The objective of this course is to provide understanding on the importance of managing a good personal financial planning explained through relevant local and international case studies.|
|5.||SEMESTER & YEAR OFFERED||Semester 6 / Year 3|
|6.||TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||Face to face:
L=lecture ; T=Tutorial; P=Practical; O=Others (Exam)
|Total Guided and Independent Learning:
|7.||CREDIT VALUE||120/40= 3.00 (3 credit); 2+2|
|8.||PREREQUISITE (IF ANY)||NIL|
|9.||OBJECTIVES||1. Analyze the principles of investment including the Principle of Personal Financial Planning from the perspective of the Islamic investment.
2. Discuss the types and terms of investment in the market
3. Manage and apply the concept of personal financial planning in the actual life.
|10.||LEARNING OUTCOMES||At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Summarize the principle of personal financial planning from the perspective of Islamic investment. (LO1-C2,)
2. Identify the issues in investment. (LO2,P2)
3. Demonstrate selected strategies planning persona finance . (LO3-CTPS3,LO5-TS3, LO9-LS3)
|11.||TRANSFERABLE SKILLS||Student should be able to develop a good understanding of background of personal financial planning through a process of lectures, tutorial, debate, industrial visit and case studies.|
|12.||TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY||Teaching-learning strategy:
|13.||SYNOPSIS||The course is to provide an understanding of the importance of good personal financial planning. The focus will be on the fundamental of Shariah personal financial planning. This course presents the latest thinking on Shariah personal financing ‘best practice’ and recent failures of personal financing are explained through relevant case studies.|
|14.||MODE OF DELIVERY||Lectures and tutorial (SCL)|
|15.||ASSESSMENT METHODS AND TYPES||
|16.||CONTENT OUTLINE OF THE COURSE/MODULE AND SLT PER TOPIC||
1. Zurina Shafii, Zarinah Mohd. Yusoff Shahizan Md. Noh (2013), Islamic Financial Planning and Wealth Management, IBFIM Kuala Lumpur.
1. Nazvanov G. (2011), A Guide to Islamic Finance and Financial Planning- What They Mean to Australian Investors, Nazaha Markets Press.
2. Manuscript by FEM’s Lecturer on Personal Financial Planning
3. Joehnk Michael & Gitman Lawrence 2008. Planning Your Personal Finances. 11th edition. Thomson South-Western.
4. Altfest J. Lewis 2007. Personal Financial Planning, McGraw-Hill International Edition
5. Kapoor R. Jack, Dlabay R. Les, Hughes J. Robert 2008. Personal Finance.9th edition. MCGraw-Hill Irwin
MFB4033 | PERSONAL FINANCIAL PLANNING webmaster .