|1.||NAME OF COURSE / MODULE||SERVICES MARKETING|
|3.||NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF|
|4.||RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME||The course will provide students with an understanding and knowledge of the services marketing, assessing and improving service delivery.|
|5.||SEMESTER & YEAR OFFERED||Semester 4 / Year 2|
|6.||TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||Face to face:
L=lecture ; T=Tutorial; P=Practical; O=Others (Exam)
|Total Guided and Independent Learning:
|7.||CREDIT VALUE||120/40 = 3.00 (3 credit); 2+2|
|8.||PREREQUISITE (IF ANY)||NIL|
|9.||OBJECTIVES||This course aims to provide students with a systematic understanding of knowledge relating to marketing and managing services and how services differ from the marketing and other sectors of the economy.|
|10.||LEARNING OUTCOMES||At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Analyse the services environment prior to the development of service blueprint (LO2- P2).
2. Investigate problems arise from the chosen service provider (LO3- CTPS3, C4)
3. Propose service blueprint based on their investigation (LO6-EM3, A2)
|11.||TRANSFERABLE SKILLS||Transferable skills: Student should be able to develop a good understanding of background of services marketing, necessary tools and decision making process skills through a process of lectures, tutorial and group assignment.|
|12.||TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY||Teaching-learning strategy:
· The course will be taught through a combination of formal lectures, exercise, group work, using authentic materials, informal activities and various textbooks. Collaborative teamwork will be fosters throughout the course. The use of examination and internal reporting assessment will assess the student’s ability to apply theoretical concept in context.
|13.||SYNOPSIS||This course is an intermediate course of marketing subject. It exposed the students to understanding the services environment, the services deliveries, issues and challenges.|
|14.||MODE OF DELIVERY||Lectures, tutorials and online learning|
|15.||ASSESSMENT METHODS AND TYPES||
|16.||CONTENT OUTLINE OF THE COURSE/MODULE AND SLT PER TOPIC||
1. Lovelock C, Wirtz J. and Chew, P. 2012. Essentials of Services Marketing: Pearson Education
1. Zeithaml V.A., Bitner M.J and Gremler D.D. 2013. Services Marketing: Integrating Customer Focus Across the Firm. 6th ed. McGraw-Hill International Edition.
2. Mohd. Salleh, A.H., Mohd. Ariffin, A.A, Poon, J.M, and Aman, A. 2009. Services Management and Marketing – Studies in Malaysia. UKM-Graduate School of Business
3. Hoffman K.D. and Bateson J.E.G.2008. Services Marketing: Concepts, Strategies and Cases. 3rd ed. Thomson South Western.
MCD2023 | SERVICES MARKETING webmaster .