|1.||NAME OF COURSE / MODULE||MARKETING STRATEGY|
|3.||NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF|
|4.||RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME||This course allows students to apply the fundamental marketing principles and services marketing concepts learnt in the previous semester, into the real world scenario.|
|5.||SEMESTER & YEAR OFFERED||Semester 5 / Year 3|
|6.||TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||Face to face:
L=lecture ; T=Tutorial; P=Practical; O=Others (Exam)
|Total Guided and Independent Learning:
|7.||CREDIT VALUE||120/40= 3.00 (3 credit); 2+2|
|8.||PREREQUISITE (IF ANY)||NIL|
|9.||OBJECTIVES||1. This course aims to provide students with a systematic understanding of knowledge relating to the body of management theory and practice known as marketing management with regard to a focus on strategic perspective.|
|10.||LEARNING OUTCOMES||At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Analyses the key strategic marketing aspects (LO3-CTPS 5,C4)
2. Evaluate opportunities in business environment (LO8-ES1,C6)
3. Able to lead a strategic marketing project (LO9-LS2, A3)
4. Construct a strategic marketing cases (LO5-TS3, P5)
|11.||TRANSFERABLE SKILLS||Transferable skills: Student should be able to develop a good understanding of background of marketing strategies, necessary tools and decision making process skills through a process of lectures, tutorial and group assignment.|
|12.||TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY||Teaching-learning strategy:
· The course will be taught through a combination of formal lectures, exercise, group work, using authentic materials, informal activities and various textbooks. Collaborative teamwork will be fosters throughout the course. The use of examination and internal reporting assessment will assess the student’s ability to apply theoretical concept in context.
|13.||SYNOPSIS||This course is a capstone course for Marketing and Financial Services program as it is to mobilize all the knowledge and skills in the field of marketing. Emphasis is given to the strategic planning process with emphasis on the creation of competitive advantage (competitive advantage). Techniques practiced marketing strategies and the Prophet and his companions and form the basis of the study.|
|14.||MODE OF DELIVERY||Lectures, tutorial and online learning|
|15.||ASSESSMENT METHODS AND TYPES||
|16.||CONTENT OUTLINE OF THE COURSE/MODULE AND SLT PER TOPIC||
1. Walker, O.C and J.J W. Mullins (2014). Marketing Strategy A Decision-Focused Approach. Eight Edition. New York, McGrawHill.
1. Khaliq Ahmad and Rodrigue Fontaine (2011). Management From Islamic Perspective. Second Edition.Petaling Jaya, Pearson.
2. David A. Aaker and Damien McLoughlin (2010) Strategic Market Management Global Perspective. West Sussex, Wiley
3. David W. Cravens and Nigel Piercy (2013). Strategic Marketing. Tenth Edition. New York.McGrawHill.
4. Rujukan tambahan (nota pensyarah).
MCC3013 | MARKETING STRATEGY webmaster .