|1.||NAME OF COURSE / MODULE||PROFESSIONAL SELLING|
|3.||NAME(S) OF ACADEMIC STAFF|
|4.||RATIONALE FOR THE INCLUSION OF THE COURSE/MODULE IN THE PROGRAMME||This course introduces the students about understandings of professional selling, its function and its importance.|
|5.||SEMESTER & YEAR OFFERED||Semester 6 /Year 3|
|6.||TOTAL STUDENT LEARNING TIME (SLT)||Face to face:
L=lecture ; T=Tutorial; P=Practical; O=Others (Exam)
|Total Guided and Independent Learning:
|7.||CREDIT VALUE||120/40= 3.00 (3 credit); 2+2|
|8.||PREREQUISITE (IF ANY)||NIL|
|9.||OBJECTIVES||1. To familiarize and provide student with basic overview, key concepts and theories selling.
2. To identify the tools and method that could be used to sell product effectively.
|10.||LEARNING OUTCOMES||At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Follow the basic concepts of professional selling.(LO2-P3)
2. Demonstrate the stages required in the professional selling activities (LO4-CS7, C3)
3. Propose the appropriate selling tools in the selling stages (LO6-EM3, A3)
4. Work independently and in group in performing selling approaches. (LO8-ES4, A3)
|11.||TRANSFERABLE SKILLS||Student should be able to develop a good understanding of professional selling through a process of lectures, tutorial and group assignment.|
|12.||TEACHING-LEARNING AND ASSESSMENT STRATEGY||Teaching and learning strategy:
· The course will be taught through a combination of formal lectures, exercise, group work, using authentic materials, informal activities and various textbooks. Collaborative teamwork will be fosters throughout the course. The use of examination and internal reporting assessment will assess the student’s ability to apply theoretical concept in context.
|13.||SYNOPSIS||This course is designed to enhance students understanding on professional selling function in relation to marketing activities apart from promotion, direct selling and advertisement. Students will also be exposed to the ethical issues and social obligations in selling as well as the marketing practices which are based on Islamic principles. This course will be conducted through series of lectures, tutorials, project papers, quizzes, presentations and final exams.|
|14.||MODE OF DELIVERY||Lectures, tutorial and online learning|
|15.||ASSESSMENT METHODS AND TYPES||
|16.||CONTENT OUTLINE OF THE COURSE/MODULE AND SLT PER TOPIC||
1. Futrell Charles M.2013. Fundamentals of Selling.13th Edition. McGraw-Hill.
1. Castleberry, S.B. and Tanner, J.F.2010. Selling: Building Partnerships. McGraw-Hill
2. Avila, R.A., Ingram, T.N., LaForge, R., Schwepker, C.H. and Williams, M. 2007. Professional Selling: A Trust-Based Approach. Thomson
3. Ab Aziz Yusof. 2010. Pengenalan kepada Keusahawanan Islam. Scholar Mind Publishing
MCB3023 | PROFESSIONAL SELLING webmaster .