This course begins with the introduction to online public relations in Malaysia and worldwide.This course will discuss and expose students to the online public relations and its influence on the audience and society. Particularly the functions and effectiveness of online public relations efforts in business, government, community, and media industry will be emphasized. The course will also discuss the activism on the Internet and the crisis management in the cyber world.
- Flew, Terry. (2005). New media: An introduction (2nd. Ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Holtz, Shel. (2002). Public relations on the net (2nd). New York: American Management Association (AMACOM).
- Levinson, Paul. (2009). New, new media. Boston: Pearson.
- Stovall, James Glen. (2004). Web journalism: Practice and promise of a new medium. Boston: Pearson.
- Wilcox, Dennis L. (2012). Public relations: Strategies and tactics. Boston: Pearson.