This course will discuss the meaning and approach of media online research from Islamic and Western perspectives. It will also examine research’s processes, ethics of research, quantitative and qualitative approaches, content analysis, experimental research, data collection, data analysis and research application in electronic media.
- Fielding, N. G., et al. 2008. The Sage Handbook of Online Research Methods. Sage Publications Ltd.
- Hunsinger, J., Klastrup, L., and Allen, M., 2010, International Handbook of Internet Research, Springer Netherlands.
- Hughes, J., 2012. Sage Internet Research Methods, Sage Publications.
- Jones, S., 1998. Doing Internet Research: Critical Issues and Methods for Examining the Net. Sage Publications.
- Mann, C., and Stewart, F., Internet Communication and Qualitative Research A Handbook for Researching Online. London: Sage Publications.