This course begins with the introduction to online advertising in Malaysia and global, and its influence on the audience and society. This course will discuss and expose students to the ethics, regulation and social responsibility online advertising. Particularly the functions and effectiveness of online advertising efforts by the advertisers and advertising companies will be emphasized. The course will also discuss the online advertising strategy, segment marketing and marketing mix. A research in online advertising, online consumer behavior, online media planning strategy and the effectiveness of online advertising will be discussed too.
- Flew, Terry. (2005). New media: An introduction (2nd. Ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Levinson, Paul. (2009). New, new media. Boston: Pearson.
- Plummer, Joe, Rappaport, Steve, Hall, Teddy, & Barocci, Robert. (2007).The online advertising playbook. New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Stovall, James Glen. (2004). Web journalism: Practice and promise of a new medium. Boston: Pearson.
- Zeff, Robin & Aronson, Brad. (1999). Advertising on the net (2nd). New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.