This course is offered to carter to the needs of producing online news to audience of various interests with unlimited online news being offered. Thus this course aims to provide understandings of online news production both from the Western and Malaysian experience. From here, students will be further exposed with online newswriting principles in line with Islamic teachings [news production process]. Besides that, the emphasis of the course is also to familiarize students in producing reliable dakwah messages [content of news] and using such technology in the borderless communication world.
- Paterson, C., and Domingo, D., (eds.). 2008. Making Online News: The Ethnography of New Media Production. New York: Peter Lang.
- Thornburg, M. R. 2010. Producing Online News: Digital Skills, Stronger Stories. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina.
- Briggs, M. 2000. Journalism Next: A Practical Guide to Digital Reporting and Publishing. Iowa: Iowa State Press.
- Luckie, M. S. 2010. The Digital Journalist’s Handbook. New York: CreateSpace.
- Gunter, B. 2003. News and the Net. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.