This course attempts to discuss the concept of akhlaq from the Islamic philosophy. It implies self purification as one mechanism in developing good traits which takes effect form the spiritual aspect of man known as ‘Tasawuf’. Discourses on good and bad characteristics traits will be underscored from the perspectives of revelation and rational thinking (aqal). Explanations and justifications on Islamic moral values will be discussed according to several prominent Muslim thinkers such as Ibn Miskawayh, al-Kindi and al-Ghazali.
- Aisha B. Lemu. Islamic Tahdhib and Akhlaq: Theory and Practice. Malaysia: A.S Noordeen
- Al-Ghazzali, Muhammad bin Muhammad. 2001. Ihya’ Ulum al-Din. Dar al-Fikr: Bayrut
- Atiqur Rahman. 2003. Islamic Etiquettes Among Youngster .New Delhi: Adam Publisher & Distribution
- Jacques P.Thiroux. 2001. Ethic Theory and Practice. USA: Prentice Hall
- Mahir Abd al-Qadir Muhammad Ali.1985 Muqaddimah fi al-Akhlaq. Bayrut :Dar al-Nahdah al-Arabiyyah