This course will expose the students to the spiritual dimension of Christianity, Hindusim, Buddhism, Confucianism. It discusses the importance of spiritual aspect and its roles in the religions. The spiritual aspects are; human relations with God, the process to enchance human spiritual which involves the process of purification of soul, the ritual practices such as meditation and concentration, the value system and the spiritual regulation. The students will also learn that the spiritual aspects emphasize the importance to live in harmony with other people based on mutual respect.
- Al-Ghazali, M.M.Abu Hamid. (1998). Ihya’ Ulum al-Din. Bayrut: Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiyah.
- Ibn Maskawaih. (1986). Tahzib al-Akhlak. Cairo: Maktabah Wahbah.
- Humaidi, Ali Abduh, 2001, Tazkiyah al-Nafs fi Al-Islam wa fi Al-Falsafah al-Ukhra, Saudi Arabiah, Ummul Qura.
- McGrath, E. Alister. Christian Spirituality: An Introduction. Blackwell Publisher.
- Maneshwar S. Chahal. 2007. Japji Sahib: Way to God in Sikhism. Prakash Book Depot.
- Sharma, Aravind. 2006. A Guide to Hindu Spirituality. World Wisdom Book.
- Pallis, Marco. 2004. A Buddhist Spectrum, World Wisdom Book.
- Robert K. Douglas, Confucianism and Taoism, Kessinger Publishing.Co.