This course is a foundation course for students to get to know the concept and meaning of media writing. It introduces students to the basic tools of writing for mass media; types of media writing, methods, approaches and processes in producing media writing. The course focuses on the process of reporting and writing – how reporters gather information from sources and from their observations, how they verify the material, and how they put it together into stories in a creative manner.
- Stovall, James. 2009. Writing for the Mass Media. Boston: Pearson
- Friedlander, E.J. & Lee, J. 2000. Feature Writing for Newspapers and Magazines (4th ed). New York: Addison Wesley Longman.
- Harrower, Tim. 2006. Inside Reporting. New York: McGraw- Hill
- Itule, Bruce D. & Anderson, Douglas A. 2008. News Writing and Reporting. New York: McGraw- Hill
- Meeske, M.D. 2009. Copywriting for the Electronic Media (6th ed). Boston: Wadsworth
- Wilber, Rick & Miller, Randy. 2003. Modern Media Writing. Belmont: Wadsworth