This course is developed for second year students to acquire and apply the basic knowledge about the principles of communication and to enhance their skills in the art of articulation. It emphasizes the practical skills of public speaking such as selecting and organizing good material for speeches, including techniques to lessen speaker anxiety, and the use of visual aids to enrich their presentations. This course will also prepare the students to deliver speeches confidently in various situations including the ability of delivering khutbah.
- Abdul Muati, 2008. Panduan Pengucapan Awam (2th). Kuala Lumpur: Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka.
- Sprague, Jo and Douglas Stuart. The Speaker’s Handbook (8th). Belmont: Thomson Higher Education, 2008.
- Steven A. Beebe and Susan J. Beebe. 2009. Public Speaking An Audience-Centred Approach. Boston: Pearson International Edition
- Micheal Osborn, et al. 2009. Public Speaking. Boston: Pearson International Edition
- William, M. Keith & Christian, O. Lundberg. 2014. Public Speaking: Choices and responsibility. Boston: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.