This course is designed to introduce student to the structure of advertising, as well as its history, problems, and challenges locally and internationally. We will see that advertising is a rich area for those interested in its creative, business, or research aspects. In short, this course provides an overview for those simply interested in advertising while providing a foundation for those interested in pursuing a career in advertising. It will also highlight on the basic use of advertisements, its strategic planning and the production process of print and electronic advertising. In addition this course provides a foundation for advanced advertising courses in creative development, media planning, and management.
- Burnett, J. and Moriarty, S. 1998. Introduction to Marketing Communication: An Integrated Approach, Upper Saddie River, N.J.: Prentice Hall.
- Clow, K. 2002. Integrated Advertising, Promotion and Marketing Communications, Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice Hall.
- Katz, H.E. 2003, The Media Handbook: A Complete Guide to Advertising Media Selection, Planning, Research and Buying, Mahwah, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Mohd Sisin Ahmad Ishak & Noorbathi Haji Baharuddin. Asas Pengiklanan. Kuala Lumpur; Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka.
- Moriarty, Mitchell, Wells. 2009. Advertising, Principle and Practice, 8th Prentice Hall. London: Free Press