The course will expose students on the cognitive psychological aspects of mass communication. Techniques such as thinking mechanism, audience perception, effective presentation, the kinds of thinking and persuasive psychology and other related theories will be highlighted. Emphasis will be given to the principles of individual persuasive, group and the society including various media strategies that develop human perceptions related to the society and Ummah.
- Harris, Richard Jackson. 2004. A Cognitive Psychology of Mass Communication. New Jersey: LEA.
- Giles, David. 2003. Media Psychology. New Jersey: LEA.
- Perse, Elizabeth M. 2001. Media Effects and Society. New Jersey: LEA.
- Wilson, T.. 2007. Global Media: Malaysian Use. Selangor : August Publishing.
- Samsudin A. Rahman. 2003. Kumpulan Esei: Isu-isu Komunikasi. Kuala Lumpur: Ampang Press Sdn. Bhd