This two-part core course emphasizes on the theory and practical aspects of publishing. It is designed for second year communication students who will explore the fundamentals of publishing print media such as book, magazine, newsletter and newspaper. The practical aspects will expose students to various methods of qualitative and publishing using the latest technology including computer software. The second part will expose students to the basic production of television shows by using multi camera production (MCP).
- Harrower,T. 2007. The Newspaper Designer’s Handbook (6th) New Yoork: McGraw Hill
- Hilliard, R.L. 2008. Writing for TV, Radio & New Media (9th) USA: Thomson Higher Education
- Shyles, L. 2007. The Art of Video Production. UK: Sage Publications.
- Wilber, R. & Miller, 2003. Modern Media Writing. Canada: Wadsworth Thomson Learning.
- Zettl, H. 2007. Visual Basics 5. Singapore: Thomson Learning