Intercultural Communication explores communication theories and skills within a cross-cultural context, particularly how different cultures filter experience through their unique views of institutions, time and space, verbal and non-verbal communication. The course will also reinforce communication skills needed today to participate effectively in the growing cultural and religion diversity of Malaysian society and global community. Students will also be exposed to the intercultural interaction from Islamic perspective and portraying a good image of Islam.
- Alpha Mahmoud Bah. (Ed.) 2005. Muslim Communication. Kuala Lumpur: The Islamic Guidance Society.
- Klyukanov, Igor E. 2005. Principles of Intercultural Communication. Boston: Pearson.
- Lustig, Myron W. & Koester, Jolene. 2004. Intercultural Competence: Interpersonal Communication Across Culture. New York: Allyn & Bacon.
- Oetzel, John G. 2009. Intercultural Communication: A Layered Approach. New York: Pearson.
- Samovar, Larry A., Porter, Richard E., and McDaniel Edwin R. 2008. Intercultural Communication: A Reader. Boston: Wadsworth.