This course is developed for second year student as an exposure to mass communication in general. In addition, this course provides the understanding of definition, concept and processes of mass media from conventional and Islamic point of view. Historical development approach of mass media namely the press, magazine, film, radio and television will be discussed. Students will be exposed to the functions, structure and mass media operations. Issues related to media bias, media control and stereotyping will be emphasized particularly on the implications of social and Muslim nations.
- Baran S.J. 2009. Introduction to Mass Communication: Media Literacy and Culture, 6th Ed, Boston: Mc Graw Hill.
- Biagi, S. 2005. Introduction to Mass Communication. Singapore : Thomson Learning.
- Folkert, Lacy, Larabee. The Media in Your Life: An Introduction to Mass Communication. Singapore: Pearson-Allyn and Bacon.
- Saodah Wok, Narimah Ahmad, Mohd Yusof Hussain. Teori-teori Komunikasi, Kuala Lumpur: PTS Publications.
- Vivian, J. 2009. The Media of Mass Communication (9th). Singapore: Pearson-Allyn and Bacon.