This course will expose the final year students to event planning and management. Students are required to organize an academic seminar that draws internal and external participants among students. Each student is required to present an academic paper on issues related to media and Islam. Emphasis will be upon the process of planning and organizing the seminar, managerial skills and leadership quality of each student.
- Chivers, B. & Shoolbred, M. 2007. A Students’ Guide to Presentations. UK: Sage Publications
- Karasik, P.2004. How to Make It Big in the Seminar Business. U.S.A : McGraw Hill.
- Muray, S.L.& Bethel, S.M.1983. How to Organize and Manage a Seminar: What To Do and When To Do It. U.S.A: Prentice-Hall
- Shephard, K. 2005. Presenting at Conferences, Seminars & Meeting. UK: Sage Publications
- Razak Raj, Walters, P., & Tahir Rashid. 2008. Events Management: An Integrated and Practical Approach. UK: Sage Publications