This course will expose students to the methods of analyzing texts and idea generation for feature writing in terms of reading, observation, experience. Students are expected to apply their multitasking skills in editing to perform in a variety of media forms. Various types of feature articles namely imaginative, analysis, profile, informative and narrative will be discussed and edited.
- Bowles, D.A. & Borden, D.L. 2008. Creative Editing (5th). Singapore: Thomson – Wadsworth.
- Arnold, G.T. 2007. Media Writer’s Handbook (4th). New York: McGraw Hill.
- Friedlander, E.J. & Lee, J. 2000. Feature Writing for Newspapers and Magazines (4th). New York: Addison Wesley Longman.
- Stovall, J.G. 2006. Writing for the Mass Media (6th). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Wilber, R. & Miller, R. 2003. Modern Media Writing. Singapore: Thomson – Wadsworth.