This course will help students to understand the work of copy editors. Students are expected to apply their multitasking skills in editing to perform in a variety of media forms. The course emphasizes on the print-editing skill; using correct grammar, punctuation, style and vocabulary; fact checking; writing headlines; handling photographs and informational graphics; as well as the ethics in editing.
- Bowles, D.A. & Borden, D.L. 2008. Creative Editing (5th). Singapore: Thomson – Wadsworth.
- Arnold, G.T. 2007. Media Writer’s Handbook (4th). New York: McGraw Hill.
- Friedlander, E.J. & Lee, J. 2000. Feature Writing for Newspapers and Magazines (4th). New York: Addison Wesley Longman.
- Stovall, J.G. 2006. Writing for the Mass Media (6th). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Wilber, R. & Miller, R. 2003. Modern Media Writing. Singapore: Thomson – Wadsworth.