This course focuses on how to equip students to be more responsible journalists when writing news on religion and particularly on Islam. News writing and reporting can be a difficult task, especially with all the preparation and responsibilities involved. Students will study stories that published in newspapers (print and online) and they will practice and focus on how to report news on Islam objectively.
- Hoover, H. M. 2009. Religion in the Media Age. London:
- Karsh, E. 2006. Islamic Imperialism: A History. US: Yale University Press
- Poole, E. & Richardson J. E. (eds). 2006. Muslim and the News Media. New York: B Taurus
- Mazni Buyong, et.al. 2010. Portrayal of Islam in the Media. Nilai: Faculty of Leadership Management.
- Said, E. Covering Islam: How the Media and the Experts Determine How We See the Rest of the World.
- Said, E. 1999. Islam and the West in the Mass Media: Fragmented Images in a Globalizing World. London: Sage Publications