This course focuses on the techniques of news and feature writing as the forms of writing in journalism that relates to religious issues. It provides basic knowledge and understanding on technical aspects of writing from planning, gathering materials, finding sources, interviews, and the writing itself. Students will be exposed to a various types of news/feature lead, the body structure, closing and the use of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Rich, C. 2010. Writing and Reporting News: A Coaching Method (6th ed). Boston: Wadsworth.
- Friedlander, E.J. & Lee, J. 2004. Feature Writing for Newspaper and Magazines. Boston: Pearson.
- Harrower, Tim. 2006. Inside Reporting: A practical guide to the craft of journalism (1st ed). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Hilliard, Robert L. 2008. Writing for Television, Radio and New Media (9th edition). Boston: Thomson Wadsworth.
- Itule, D.B. & Anderson, A.D. 2007. News Writing & Reporting. New York: McGraw Hill.
- Stovall, James G. 2006. Writing for the Mass Media (6th edition). Boston: Pearson.