This course will introduce the principles of print media management, which will include print media such as newspaper, magazine and book industries. The course will discuss the elements of print media circulation and the economics of print media which involves undertaking a number of journalistic roles – reporter, sub-editor, chief-of-staff, photo editor – producing three issues of the USIM Today/ Al-yaum newspaper.
- Grundy, Bruce. 2007. So You Want To Be A Journalist? Melbourne, Australia: Cambridge University Press.
- Harrower, Tim. 2006. Inside Reporting: A Practical Guide to the Craft of Journalism (1st). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Harrower, Tim. 2007. The Newspaper Designer’s Handbook (6th edition). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Yusof Hussain (ed.). 2003. Mass Media in Selected Muslim Countries. Kuala Lumpur: IIUM University Press.
- Stovall, James G. 2006. Writing for the Mass Media (6th edition). Boston: Pearson.