This course gives an introduction to writing for television and radio. Students will brainstorm idea and write scripts for programmes (television and radio) that contain Islamic values. This can develop students’ ability to produce innovative work of high quality in TV and radio scriptwriting and will be of great benefit to students seeking work in the media industry.
- Walters, R.L. (1994). Broadcast Writing: Principles and Practices (2nd ed). London: The McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
- Goldberg. L. & Rabkin, W. (2003). Successful Television Writing. USA: Wiley
- Landau, N. (2013). The TV Showrunner’s Roadmap. UK: Focal Press.
- Venis, L. (2013). Inside the room: writing television with pros at UCLA extension writers’ program. USA: Gotham.
- Kanarish, J. (2013). Radio Mastery for VFR Pilots Workbook. New York: Jeff\Kanarish.