This course will expose students to the methods and processes of television production, including understanding of television production personnel and their job scope. Students will also be exposed and guided to the technical use of equipment for broadcast production in a studio and outdoor. Television production is a time sensitive activity and requires each student to work in a cooperative environment. Two types of production approach – the single camera production 9SCP) and multiple camera production (MCP) will be emphasized. Students are required to produce a television programme using the both approaches in an indoor or outdoor location.
- Millerson, G & Owens, J. 2009. Television Production. 15th Oxford: Focal Press.
- Hilliard, R.L. 2007. Writing for Television, Radio and New Media. California: Thomson Wadsworth.
- Stephens, M & Olson, B.M. 2005. Broadcast News. California: Thomson Wadsworth.
- Zettl, H. 2007. Video Basics 5. California: Thomson Wadsworth.
- Zettle, H. 2008. Television Production Handbook. 10th Ed. Thomson Wadsworth.