This course will emphasize towards in depth training and skill development in handling group counseling. Students will be hands on trained towards applying group counseling skills. They will also applying both theoretical and technical skills in a group counseling developmental stages. Parts from that, students will also integrate the basic group attending skills in handling their own group until the termination of the counseling group.
- Corey, Gerald. 2008. Theory and Practice of Group Counseling 7th ed. USA: Brooks/Cole, Cengage Learning
- Gladding, S. T. 2003. Group Work: A Counseling Specialty 4th ed. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall.
- Jacobs, Ed E., Mason, Robert L. & Harvill, Riley L. 2009.Group Counseling: Strategies and Skills 6th ed. USA: Thomson Brooks/Cole.
- Toseland, Ronald W. & Rivas, Robert F. 2009. An Introduction to Group Work Practise 6th Boston: Pearson International.
- Johnson David W. & Johnson Frank P. (2009) Joining Together: Group Theory and Group Skills, Merill-Pearson, Upper Saddle River NJ.