The course is designed to acquint students with counseling services by providing them the difination of counseling , philosphies and principles, an overview of the history, roles of counseling , different types of counseling setting, and the ethics of counseling services.
- Brown, D. & Srebalus, D. J. Introduction to the counselling profession. 2nd ed. Boston: Needham Heights.
- Cappuzi, D. & Gross. D. R. 1997. Introduction to the counselling Boston: Needham Heights.
- Cottone, R. R. & Tarvydas, V. M. 2003. Ethical and Professional Issues in Counselling. 2nd ed. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- G. 2010. The Skilled Helper. Pacific Grove: Brooks Cole.
- E. R. 1998. Ethics in Counselling & Psychotherapy. Standard, Research and Emerging Issues. Pacific Grove: Brook Coles.