This course will expose students to the definition, historical development, types and methodology of the Da ͨwah (Islamic propagation). Systems and principles, diversity goals of Da ͨwah, the elements and processes will also be touched. The preparation of the Dā ͨi (preacher), approach Muslim and non-Muslim proselytizing, spiritual aspects, physical development and moral development of society will also be discussed. In addition the course will explain the communication skills involving; internal communications of individuals, between individuals, public and mass media will also be touched as media of Da ͨwah.
- Al-Bayanuni, 1998. al-Madkhal ila ilm al-Dakwah. Beirut: dar al-Fikr.
- Ahmad al-Ghalwash.al-Da’wah Islamiyyah usuliha wa wasailuha. Beirut: Dar al-Kitab.
- Aziz Mohd. Zin. 2001. Metodologi da’wah. Kuala Lumpur: Penerbit Universiti Malaya.
- Yusuf al-Qardhawi. 1978. Thaqafah al-Da’iyyah. Beirut: Muassasah al-Risalah.
- Thomas C.2007. Communication Skills. New Jersey: Pearson.